THE DRIVE FOR UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE (DUH) travels across the country to promote and help establish a tax-supported, fully comprehensive, non-discriminatory healthcare system for all residents of the U.S.
DUH is incredibly fortunate to have forged a fast friendship and productive co-dependency with The Healthcare Movie and its creators, Laurie Simons and Terry Sterrenberg. DUH events can include a screening of the film and a discussion afterwards with Laurie, Terry, Sue, Donna, and other advocates, when audience members can ask questions, share their own stories, and learn more about single-payer healthcare, the movie, and DUH.
The costs involved in taking DUH and the movie on these advocacy journeys come out of our own pockets, along with money we raise from various crowdfunding effots and our supporters along the way. Vehicles must be rented, gas purchased, food and hydration provided (often our sponsoring advocates host meals for us!), and lodging is either in inexpensive motels or supplied by local supporters who generously open their homes to members of our group. Please consider contributing to our efforts to help bring expanded and improved Medicare to all residents of the United States.
- Scroll up or down on this page to find the DONATE button and make a contribution through PayPal. You can do this with a credit card whether you have a PayPal account or not.
- You can also donate via PayPal on our Facebook page.
- And if you don’t trust the Internet, you can send a check to DUH NFP, 1059 W Ardmore Ave. #2, Chicago, IL 60660 (Note: After June 30, send checks to 517 Park St., Springfield, IL 62704)
- FINALLY! You can watch The Healthcare Movie online for only $4.99 and DUH will get 10%! WATCH HERE!
- For folks who may not have any extra money, we still have a solution: BUY4. What is Buy4? It’s a way to shop for things online that you NEED and would buy anyway. Do your online shopping HERE. It won’t cost you a penny, but DUH gets a portion of every purchase!
- Order a DUH T-Shirt for yourself or a friend! They’re available in Small to 5X,100% cotton, generously sized, and the perfect way to get a conversation started. Thanks to Ryan, DUH gets a cut of every purchase
- Check out all our DUH merchandise on Zazzle! Everything from greeting cards to hats to watches!
Our recent West Coast tour cost over $10,000 and we’re already planning the next trip, along with looking ahead to our BIG plans for 2015, which will require more money than many hospital bills. We’re really going to need your help! No matter what, though, we’re not stopping until we’ve driven single-payer healthcare forward onto the the president’s desk to be signed into law!
DON’T LET US RUN OUT OF GAS!
Join us by helping to fund our trips, by driving with us from city to city, or both!
We CAN do this, but, like true universal healthcare, we need
EVERYBODY IN, NOBODY OUT!
September, 2013 East Coast Tour