THE DRIVE FOR UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE (DUH) travels across the country to promote and help establish a tax-supported, fully comprehensive, non-discriminatory healthcare system for all residents of the U.S.
This was 250,000 in 1963.
There were over 400,000 at the People’s Climate March on Sept. 21, 2014.
FOR MEDICARE’S 50TH ANNIVERSARY, JOIN US ON THE NATIONAL MALL
FOR A DAY OF UNITY IN OUR DEMAND FOR MEDICARE FOR ALL!
We’ll need A LOT of help to get this done – spreading the word, growing a network of organizations, businesses, community groups, and individuals; gathering a technology support team; creating an army of volunteers to help with fundraising, mobilization, and media relations before the event to directing the crowd and cleaning up afterwards. We’ll also need to raise A LOT of money. So if you want to be an important part of history, there’s a place for you!
We have applied for both July 30 and August 1 – final date, time, and location(s) will be determined in conjunction with the Park Service. Watch this website, Facebook, and Twitter for details and sign up for our newsletter to get monthly updates.
The time for talk is ending. We must take action. As John Lewis said on that day in 1963, “We all recognize the fact that if any radical social, political, and economic changes are to take place in our society, it is the people, the masses, who must bring them about.”
LET’S DO IT!
DUH is incredibly fortunate to have forged a wonderful alliance with The Healthcare Movie and its creators, Laurie Simons and Terry Sterrenberg. They have made DUH events on our East and West Coast trips fun, well-organized, and successful! We’re all looking forward to the next adventure!
The costs involved in taking DUH and the movie on our advocacy journeys come out of our own pockets, along with money we raise from various crowd-funding efforts and our supporters along the way. Fundraising for the 2015 demonstration will need to be more successful than ever before – think hospital-bill-sized! PLEASE consider making any donation you can afford! There are many ways to help!
- Scroll up or down on this page to find the DONATE button and make a contribution through PayPal. You can do this with a credit card whether you have a PayPal account or not.
- You can also donate via PayPal on our Facebook page.
- And if you don’t trust the Internet, you can send a check to DUH NFP, 517 S. Park Ave., Springfield, IL 62704.
- FINALLY! You can watch The Healthcare Movie online for only $4.99 and DUH will get 10%! WATCH HERE!
- The holidays are coming! For folks who may not have any extra money, we still have a solution: BUY4. It’s a way to shop for things online HERE that you need and would buy anyway. It won’t cost you a penny, but DUH gets a portion of every purchase!
- Order a DUH T-Shirt They’re available in Small to 5X,100% cotton, generously sized, and the perfect way to get a conversation started. Thanks to Ryan, DUH gets a cut of every purchase.
- Check out all our DUH merchandise on Zazzle! Everything from keychains to watches!
Our West Coast tour cost over $10,000 and we’re looking ahead to our BIG plans for 2015. We’re really going to need your help! No matter what, we’re not stopping until we’ve driven single-payer healthcare forward onto the president’s desk to be signed into law!
DON’T LET US RUN OUT OF GAS!
Join us by hosting a DUH event, helping to fund our trips, by driving with us from city to city, or all three! Check the “Get Involved” page to see other things you can do to help.
We CAN do this, but, like true universal healthcare, we need
EVERYBODY IN, NOBODY OUT!
September, 2013 East Coast Tour